The T-X Program Director possesses strong leadership skills and has full responsibility for the company's planning and performance of major business programs throughout all phases of the program lifecycle. The T-X Program Director is responsible for the cost, schedule, quality, customer satisfaction and technical performance of eight different products (LAD, LPHUD, UFCD, EFD, DTU, HVC, Data Link and ILVC) and supporting software across ESA and, via CWT, our affiliate ESL Aerospace and for using that successful execution to drive future growth. The T-X Program Director is responsible for a close customer relationship, and leveraging open communication to identify and develop new customer solutions and products. Responsible for developing successful proposal strategies and making timely decisions to increase the probability of winning new business opportunities. This position will be required to forecast sales, new business, and gross profit on their programs, and to meet the strategic and operational goals of the business unit. The T-X Program Director will apply excellence in program execution through the use of Earned Value and other techniques to proactively identify program issues. The T-X Program Director assigned to this position will involve development application of new state‑of‑the‑art technology with the potential to develop into larger programs, and/or the establishment of the company's position in an important new market area. The T-X program has a potential of $300M revenues including production.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Leads and inspires cross functional teams to achieve successful execution of company programs and to expand their technical knowledge. Holds self and team accountable for high performance standards and coaches the team to effectively manage changing priorities.
- Builds, develops, and maintains close customer relationships, anticipates customer needs, creatively addresses customer issues, and continually pursues open communications to strategically expand the business.
- Creates profitable strategic growth plans with long term vision considering the potential range of applications for our technologies and capabilities, external market trends, and the development of solutions which allow our customers to gain strategic advantages.
- Implements continuous improvement efforts to meet customer requirements by fostering an entrepreneurial and collaborative workforce. Implements a zero defect philosophy into all Integrated Product Teams. Acts as a steward for all company policies and best practices to achieve program quality goals.
- Prepares robust forecasts of new business, sales, and gross profit for annual operating plans and statuses those plans at regular intervals.
- Selects, mentors, and develops subordinates and assigns work for most efficient utilization of personnel, reviewing their activities to assure quality performance. Makes appropriate promotional, compensation/rewards and staffing decisions.
- Assures customer satisfaction in terms of product performance, delivery, cost and contracted scope. Provides sufficient details of program performance, risk assessments, and identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates with marketing personnel and assists in the preparation and implementation of marketing plans.
- Conducts periodic program status review meetings with customers and execution team to monitor program execution and collect program performance feedback, risk assessment inputs, and identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Oversees implementation and maintenance of Earned Value Management (EVM) Guidelines for effective program control across all programs. Uses organizational tools to accomplish accurate Estimates at Completion (EAC). Ensures Program Managers have robust cost and schedule baselines for all of their programs and projects with documented Basis of Estimates.
- Closely collaborates with the Business Development team and assists in the preparation and implementation of strategic campaigns, capture strategies, and winning proposals. Influences the development of contract negotiation strategies with customers, suppliers, and affiliates to achieve financial objectives.
- Plans and executes programs per contractual obligations, directly and/or indirectly managing the performance of multiple suppliers, affiliates, or peer organizations. Establishes and monitors adherence to master program plans and schedules.
- Coordinates design for manufacturability efforts, and ensures smooth transition to production for development programs.
- Continually benchmarks processes to best practices. Assists teams in exploring new concepts that will deliver innovative solutions and significant advancements.
- Leads major proposals through the Business Acquisition Process.
- Influences the development of contract negotiation strategies with customers, suppliers, and affiliates to achieve financial objectives. Understands contractual obligations, communicates contractual requirements to affected functional groups, affiliates, and suppliers and ensure these obligations are met by proactively identifying and mitigating risks, facilitating the resolution and coordination of efforts to ensure preventive measures are taken or, when needed, to correct deficiencies or obstacles to performance.
- Reviews and interprets risk analyses and earned value management reports from program managers to anticipate problems and take corrective action to prevent/mitigate problems, and plan for management reserves.
- Reviews and approves all contract changes with special attention paid to cost, schedule and risk elements.