Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
• Representative to assigned Business Unit / Program.
• Analyze procurement data and select suppliers to provide requested items, assuring their ability to comply with specified requirements defined by the Program, including engineering, quality control, customers, government agencies and the company. Provide blueprints, drawings, layouts, SOWs or other specifications for specialized materials and services.
• Prepare request for proposals, solicit subcontractors and suppliers for proposals and evaluate responses based on pricing and capability to perform the required scope of work in accordance with company policies and procedures and FAR / DFAR regulations.
• Proposal evaluations to ensure TINA Compliance IAW FAR / DFAR regulations.
• Negotiate subcontracts with suppliers for optimum price, schedule and quality performance in accordance with company policies and procedures and FAR / DFAR regulations.
• Administration of subcontracts for compliance with provisions set forth. Monitor suppliers’ performance through progress reports and on-site visits.
• Develop sources of supply for assemblies, custom fabricated materials, specialized services, and or semi finished goods.
• nterview salesmen, visit supplier facilities, and keep abreast of new product technology and procurement regulations, ensuring the continued availability of sources of supply to support assigned Programs / Business Units.
• Interface with support groups to ensure supplier questions and or issues are resolved, enabling the supplier to adhere to overall requirements. Coordinate overall responses to the supplier and ensure issues are resolved.
• Participate in and promote improvement initiatives and activities with subcontractors and within the Supply Chain Management organization.
• Support attainment of PBL Scorecard Goals.
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor degree preferred or 5-10 years functional experience may substitute.
Training Pre-requisites (Within One Year of Taking Position)
X Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
Preferred: ISM, APICS
Functional (Using Skill Set): 3-5 years
Industry: 3-5 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
• Strong knowledge of contracting suppliers for building of products IAW SOWs and Specifications
• Strong knowledge of Oracle ERP System with respect to Purchasing, Planning, and Inventory Management
• Quality assurance systems and methods
• Strong communication skill both verbal and electronic
• Aware of technical aspects associated with the production of the goods to be produced
• Strong program/project management experience
• FAR/DFAR – strong working knowledge
• Aerospace, Military or similar industry
• Demonstrated electronic/mechanical knowledge
• Knowledge of FFP, CPFF, T&M, and IDIQ contracts