A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, Elbit Systems of America combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide. Add in our employee-friendly corporate culture and great southern New Hampshire lifestyle, and you’ll see why joining ESA could be the best move of your career!
Major Job Objectives
Develops plans and monitors performance against schedule and cost goals for a major program. Identifies and analyzes variances (dates, manpower, resources, etc.) from program performance goals. Utilizes company standard and develops program unique reports depicting relevant EVMS information and recommends corrective actions. Facilitates project baseline planning and re-plans as required.
1. Interface with all functions on the program team to establish program budget baselines and management reserve for assigned projects following contract award in accordance with corporate policy.
2. Interface with all functions on the program team to update internal monthly Earned Value (EVMS) to include updating actuals, updating status, updating estimates to complete and generate reporting.
3. Work closely with all functions on the program team on a quarterly basis to prepare an accurate bottoms up program Estimate at Complete (EAC) / Estimate to Complete (ETC) analysis in accordance with corporate policy. Identify and document changes that occur quarter over quarter and evaluate resulting Gross Profit impact to the program.
4. Provide guidance to program management on key program financial metrics on a regular basis.
5. Evaluate program cost actuals verses budget on a monthly basis and report possible risks and opportunities to the program team. Evaluate potential program financial impact and recommend corrective action plans.
6. Process monthly manual invoices in Oracle and provide sales accrual documentation to accounting when required.
7. Prepare ASC 606 Revenue Recognition identification and documentation for all responsible programs.
8. Provide internal and external audit support as required.
9. Identify and recommend process improvements to help the organization become more effective and efficient.
10. Support the Business Unit Controller with revenue and cash forecasting for all responsible programs during the month end close process.
11. Support the Business Unit Controller and program teams with proposal efforts as required. Provide support documentation for the development of basis of estimates (BOE), fact finding and negotiations.
12. Perform special projects as required.
13. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related discipline with 5-7 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. To be proficient in MS Excel, ORACLE ERP and COBRA EV tool. Knowledge of government accounting rules and regulations including ASC 606 (revenue recognition), Defense contractor accounting principles and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).