KMC Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of and co-located with Elbit Systems of America, is a leading contract designer and manufacturer of medical devices and instrumentation for OEM’s in the areas of diagnostic, therapeutic, and biomedical products. With more than 25 years of experience, KMC is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered firm with expertise in all aspects of product development, verification, design for and transition to production. Additional capabilities include flexible turnkey manufacturing, depot repair and full compliance with FDA QSR regulations and GMP practices.
A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, Elbit Systems of America combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide. Add in our employee-friendly corporate culture and great southern New Hampshire lifestyle, and you’ll see why joining ESA could be the best move of your career!
This position is a full-time 6-month assignment from June- December 2018.
Open to current college students enrolled in an Industrial Engineering Degree Program only.
The Industrial Engineering Intern will work on projects and initiatives under the supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering staff. As part of the team, the intern will develop an understanding for the Manufacturing processes and develop methods, tools, and documentation to support lean manufacturing and improve the overall product flow.
The Industrial Engineering Intern undertakes a variety of on-going activities and assigned projects at varying levels of professional complexity requiring knowledge within an area of specialty and/or engineering college major.
Work as a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team in support of contracted tasks including layout design, value stream mapping, process improvement analysis, time studies, and generally implementing lean techniques throughout the KMC product areas. The Industrial Engineering Intern will interact directly with multidiscipline professionals in the planning and implementation of assigned projects. The Industrial Engineering Internship is a developmental position and is restricted to 3rd or 4th year college students whose major and personal interests are aligned with the role of the engineering organization and hiring department. It is a goal of the internship program to expose the student to the technical business environment to better prepare the student to make informed continued education and career decisions.
1. Participate in technical projects and programs designed to develop personal and professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the Manufacturing Engineering Department.
2. Perform various duties related to the day-to-day operations of the Manufacturing Engineering Department based on the Industrial Engineering specialty. Examples of typical assignments include:
3. Utilizes engineering methods (e.g. mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to assist in developing optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g. facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products;
4. Analyzes and supports the design of the value stream including capability, capacity (e.g. risk analysis, supplier performance) throughput work flow and logistics (e.g. critical path, lead-time, transportation, production floor layout);
5. Interact directly with colleagues and other internal or external resources in the planning of assignments and completion of projects.
6. Along with other interns in the Company, participate in a presentation for the Executive Staff designed to summarize the internship experience and describe at least one completed project.
7. Support the coordination of Industrial Engineering group projects.