A Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a related technical field is required.
A minimum of 5 years systems engineering experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of AH-1W, AH-64, UH-60 and CH-47 military helicopter platforms preferred.
- Design and development of Helmet Mounted Display Systems, including but not limited to:
- Certification of helmet mounted systems, including safety of flight and Operational Software certification.
- Helmet mounted tracking systems, cockpit magnetic mapping characteristics, functions and anomalies.
- Hardware and software integration, checkout, test, and debug from laboratory through aircraft installation, ground and flight test.
- Field Support for all “non-standard” system issues.
- Providing training at Government facilities in country or overseas
- Excellent systems engineering skills
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international environment of cultural diversity
- Familiarization with the lifecycle processes used in the development of military systems
- Ability to work independently and work as part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks successfully; within scope, on time, within budget while delivering a quality product to the customer
- Ability to develop high level plans and detailed procedures
- Skilled in requirements development, test plan development, and test case development
- Skilled in root cause analysis
- Good skills in time management, meeting facilitation, and problem-solving
- Good communications skills: ability to clearly communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Good presentation skills
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated DOD Clearance at the Secret level
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally