A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, Elbit Systems of America combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide. Add in our employee-friendly corporate culture and great southern New Hampshire lifestyle, and you’ll see why joining ESA could be the best move of your career.
This position will support Defense and Avionics Business Units.
Through subordinate professional staff, the Supply Chain Supervisor plans, organizes and manages the procurement of all production materials, equipment and services necessary for manufacturing and ensures efficient movement of materials required for meeting production schedules for our defense and avionics business units. Reviews supplier proposals for price, delivery time and quality and then selects the supplier. Monitors cost, schedule and performance factors of suppliers and programs to ensure adherence to budgets and customer requirements. Researches and develops sources of supply for required commodities. Evaluates material shortages and determines appropriate inventory levels. Directs material procurement and program scheduling activities through the use of a computerized ERP System.
1. Utilize the New Bookings Forecast and Firm Bookings to develop long range material plan in order to support annual Sales Forecast. Review Factory Schedules to maintain on-time deliveries to our customers as well as smoothing of schedules to maintain production flow throughout the Factory.
2. Maintain control of all production ordering activities for all company programs. Review and oversee all Master Scheduling actions as well as netting output. This includes reviewing, in conjunction with Marketing and Finance, and establishing optimum inventories and stock order recommendations for executive review and approval.
3. Support Configuration Control Board activities, ensuring that all material changes affecting production as well as components and assemblies are actioned in a timely fashion.
4. Provide the prime interface with Design Engineering as well as Configuration Control in the transitioning of newly designed products to Manufacturing. Assure that ERNs and planning Bills of Material are properly coded and netted. Manage the generation of status reports detailing ECO, Procurement, Manufacturing Fabrication, and Assembly actions during the transition period.
5. Manage all actions relative to Special Nettings. Review with Manufacturing Management the methodology best employed for these Special Nettings. Responsible for the analysis and presentation of the netting output in both detail and summary formats in order for Management to review.
6. Manage the Production Planning process assuring timely flow of production materials to Manufacturing. Interface with all cognizant departments relative to resolving various problems and issues which negatively impact production.
7. Assist Financial Administration in maintaining traceability for various contracts and projects through the management of work order numbers, releases, and material transfer related data. Manage the generation of Material EAC’s monthly for all manufacturing programs and support Program Managers with their material reporting requirements.
8. Ensure projects and tasks are completed in accordance with the applicable AS9100 Quality Standard.
9. Prepare and monitor labor and expense budgets, ensuring cost-effective operations.
10. Participate in the development and publication of the Master Schedule.
11. Maintain liaison with other departments, Team Leaders and Program Managers to ensure effective and coordinated communication regarding material costs, production schedules and issues affecting cost and/or quality.
12. Select, train, and develop subordinates. Assign work for most efficient utilization of personnel, reviewing their activities to assure quality performance. Make appropriate promotion and salary recommendations or terminations.
13. Manage the material quoting process, ensuring compliant, fair and accurate material cost roll ups.
14. Review teams interaction with customer, ensuring timely and accurate responses and a proactive attitude toward issue resolution.
15. Utilize the New Bookings Forecast and Firm Bookings to develop long range material plan in order to develop annual Sales Forecast. Review Factory Schedules to maintain on-time deliveries to our customers as well as smoothing of schedules to maintain production flow throughout the Factory.
This position is located in Merrimack, New Hampshire.