Bachelor's Degree in a technical field required along with 5-15 years overall experience with a minimum of 5 years as a manager of an engineering team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Successful experience in managing an engineering business unit in Commercial / Avionics/ FAA / Defense Industry with an upbeat personality who can relate to all levels of engineers and program managers.
- Must have prior cost scheduling experience and be able to interpret an electronics design specification that may be unique, not quite complete or that requires reverse engineering.
- Ability to implement product or service goals and monitor their progress.
- Provide thorough, accurate information to answer customers’ questions and to meet commitment times or performance guarantees.
- Actively look for ways to help customers by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and/or services, adjusting services based on customer feedback.An understanding of how to manage programs & projects through lean manufacturing and good supply chain management.
- Have an understanding of quality systems and how it affects quality work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have computer skills that include using electronic information for timely decisions.
- Ability to manage product or service staff to accomplish successful business results by working effectively in teams while solving technical or administrative problems.
- Recognized leadership abilities and willingness to take initiative.
Willingness to learn and improve in all areas.
Maintain confidentiality as appropriate about matters encountered in the workplace.
Treat supervisors, employees and peers with respect.
Practice honesty with regard to company time and property.
Accept help from supervisors & employees and peers.
Be able to learn about all the products or services of the organization.
Ability to communicate to department and senior management with suggestions & critical feedback.
Knowledge of the defense and military industry with some specific knowledge about the customer base for the assigned product.
Ability to calculate and determine the cost & price of products through fundamentals of Accounting with Profit and loss calculations.
Choose behaviors and/or actions that best support the team and leads toward the accomplishment of work tasks.
Effectively change plans, goals, actions or priorities to deal with changing situations, changing gears in response to unpredictable or unexpected events.
Be able to implement a number of different approaches to problems.
Observe and evaluate the outcomes of implementing the solution to assess the need for alternative approaches and to identify lessons learned.